One Fan's UCLA Basketball Blog
News, analysis, and commentary about the UCLA Bruins basketball program
Wednesday, March 16, 2005
 
Still Going End to End
oops, missed this feature on Tyus Edney in the LA Times. I didn't realize he was such a success in Europe. According to Ed O, "When my teammates overseas found out that I played with him [Tyus], it would be like someone in the States finding out that you played with Michael Jordan." I think Ed might be embellishing just a bit, but it's great to read that Tyus is happy.
Comments:
Tyus is my favorite UCLA player of all time. I was in Seattle for the '95 Championship and "met" most of the players. Unfortunately, because Tyus had sprained his wrist during the OSU semifinal game, he could not sign my Final 4 program. I am also missing George Zidek (he was a jerk and wouldn't sign). Those are the only two starters from that championship team whose autographs I am missing.
 
That sucks that Zidek wouldn't sign! I bet he'd be thrilled to have someone ask him for his autograph now. Maybe you should plan a trip to Europe - you could get both Zidek's and Tyus' autographs while you're there. :)
 
Post a Comment

Fresno CA Direct TV can get you all the UCLA basketball games you want

Powered by Blogger