One Fan's UCLA Basketball Blog
News, analysis, and commentary about the UCLA Bruins basketball program
Sunday, April 10, 2005
 
Public service announcement for schools needing basketball head coaches
With Steve Lavin's name being linked to a few coaching vacancies recently (UMass, Fresno State, Virginia), I thought I'd update my previous post summarizing Lavin's legacy. I have tried to make it more comprehensive, with his major "achievements", some quotes from former Bruins, and his year-by-year record.
Comments:
Dude! We need to do everything we can to make sure Lavin gets another job. I want him to get a job at an ACC or Big East or Big-10 or SEC school, and see other fans going through what we went through for 7 years. Then we will see wither Vitale, Bilas, Katz will hyperventillate about UCLA basketball fans being much of spoiled, unreasonable snobs who are meanies to their head coach.
 
Yeah, I know, you make a very good point, and I actually considered that before posting. My thought process is that the chances of Lavin actually taking another job and putting his reputation on the line are so slim that I'd rather try to get the truth about him out there. Perhaps this is a mistake on my part.
 
Post a Comment

Fresno CA Direct TV can get you all the UCLA basketball games you want

Powered by Blogger