One Fan's UCLA Basketball Blog
News, analysis, and commentary about the UCLA Bruins basketball program
Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
Another article on the 1995 season
Brian Dohn takes us through the 1994-1995 UCLA basketball season in this brief article. He discusses the pressure to win, Ed O's leadership, and some of the moments of the season that we don't always remember like JR Henderson's two free-throws against Kentucky in the Wooden Classic and the home loss against Cal. I personally will never forget that Cal game as it was the first time I camped out for floor seats in the student section, and of course, we lost. Ed was in foul trouble for most of the game, and I still remember him fouling out when Monty Buckley dunked on him near the end of the game. After the game, Buckley taunted the student section, and in response, some students (not me, really) threw promotional music cassettes that had been given out before the game at him (yes, cassettes were still around back then). Anyway, it was a terrible experience as far as UCLA games go (which probably is why I remember it so well), especially considering it was one of only two losses the Bruins experienced that year, and it was the only loss at Pauley. Thankfully, we won every game after that, and well, you know the rest.
Comments:
That was the best season ever! You're lucky you got to experience it as a student.

I did get to attend the Duke game that season in Pauley, as well as the Final Four in Seattle.
 
Dude ... Cal Game was aweful. I camped out for that as well. But even worse was the Oregon game the week before. I remember watching that game at Maloney's and getting so pissed of at those Eugene trailor trash for rushing the court. They almost knocked over Tyus. Probably the best moment was - the Duke game - and bullrushing over Duke Vitale and Brett Musberger to get to the court. I heard Marque Johnson was supposedly saying on the radio cast, "Take that ACC." I am getting goosebumps.
 
Yes, despite the losses against Cal and Oregon, it was truly a great season, and I was lucky to be a student during that time. During my time as a UCLA student, we had the championship in basketball, and we were in the midst of an eight-game winning streak against $C in football. I never saw us lose to $C in football while enrolled at UCLA. Alas, how times have changed, although it looks like we're back on track on the hardwood.
 
Post a Comment

Fresno CA Direct TV can get you all the UCLA basketball games you want

Powered by Blogger